Thursday, July 28, 2011

Girls Night Out, and 4 Months with Betsy:)

First of all let me say thanks to all who are still following my blog, and asking when will you ever post again?(this is for you;) Let me just say that 5 kids+summer+one VERY slow computer=no time!! I can't believe we have had Betsy four months now! She is doing so good. I am so thankful for her fun personality. She is a special little girl, and I am glad she's mine. Betsy loves the pool, and water in general. I say that because we met some friends at the lake last week and she had a ball jumping off the dock into the water. I wasn't sure what she would think about the lake water, but she was great! I am hoping to post pics of our trip soon (hint hint Julie W.) as soon as my sweet friend sends them to me!haha On to the girls night out...this was my first "night out" since we have been home from China. It was so much fun to get together with friends, eat out, talk, laugh, and just enjoy each others company. Todd has put Betsy in bed without me at home one other time, but it was kind of accidental. I went to the grocery store one night about three weeks ago, and got home around 9:00pm. I thought he would probably keep her up until I got home, but when I got back she was in the bed. He said she came up to him, said she was sleepy, and he put her to bed...that simple. She slept all night...no problem! I knew from that night that she would be fine, but I still worried about having to leave while it was still a couple of hours away from bedtime. She was great, and Todd had no problems! I also want to say how blessed I have been to be able to talk to a couple of you who are in the adoption process, and have been reading my blog. Thank you for letting me know how I have encouraged you through your adoptions. I am thankful that God is using our journey to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment