Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our December...

What a busy month this has been...and the best is yet to come! I know all of you can say the same thing. I love the Christmas season and all that comes with it...even being busy:) I love the sights, the sounds, and the smells of Christmas, but that's not the best thing. Iam reminded of one of my favorite Christmas books I read my kids each year. The Best Thing About Christmas by Christine Harder Tangvald. In the book she writes about all the fun things we enjoy about Christmas, but the Best thing is Jesus being born. He came to earth as a baby to be our Savior. It is such a good book and it really presents the message of Christmas in a very clear, easy to understand way. I will give you a little background on some of the pics. Each year I give the kids a new ornament. Ellie is holding hers, and Betsy's. She can't wait to have her little sister home! On December 2nd I went to a gingerbread house party. My friend Ginger, yes that really is her name (we love Mrs. Ginger!) started this a few years ago, and it is always so much fun! We get together, eat goodies, and make gingerbread houses to take home to our kids. Ellie and Hugh were in the children's musical at our church and the adult musical. I sing in the choir. It was a huge blessing to go to practices with my kids. They each did a great job! Sam was in charge of taking pictures the second night of the adult musical. See for yourself how that turned out! Lastly, Ellie and I enjoyed going to Samford University to see The Nutcracker with her friend Ellie and her mother Lisa. It was so good! I have more pics to post...hopefully I can do a "mini" post before the weekend.
The kids with their new ornaments.

Hugh and Henry helping with the lights.

Ellie carefully hanging paper chain garland...she loves decorating the tree!

Me and "the boys"...where's Henry?

Henry..."smelling" the gingerbread house! haha!!

Caught you!!

Little stinker!

Hugh singing in the children's musical.


Ellie had a speaking part in the musical.


Me, Ellie, and Hugh before our last performance.

The only picture my sweet Sam got of his brother and sister!

Ellie and her friend Ellie at The Nutcracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment