Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Part 2

This is the second half of our Thanksgiving fun. We always spend Thanksgiving Day (and the day before) at Todd's mother's house. Thanksgiving night we go to my parents' house. Although the feasting there doesn't begin until the next day, which is good. Let me go back and explain something from my previous post before I go further. I feel like I need to hit the "high points" of the game of washers for those of you who have never heard of it before. I never knew there was such a game until I met Todd and began going to family get togethers! Anyway, basically you throw, toss, pitch, etc. a small round metal washer at a sort of round wooden circular object. The object (I think) is to get the washer in  the hole. You add up points, and whoever gets to 21 first wins. This is Big time family fun down in the country where Todd is from!! Now...on to Nana and Papa's house. We eat our big meal with them on Friday at lunch. The next day "the girls" bake cookies. We started doing this the year I was pregnant with Sam, so this was our 12th annual Christmas cookie baking day. We bake mostly Spritz cookies, which freeze well. There are our favorites that we do each year and we typically try a new one each year. Sometimes the new cookie works and we do it again the following year and sometimes it gets cut. We always have alot of fun!! Ellie couldn't wait till she was big enough to help. Now she is running the mixer! She loves to be in the kitchen. This year my sister got sick and couldn't help...missed you Aunt Heather! Well, that's our Thanksgiving weekend. We are so thankful to God for allowing us to have another blessed time with our family.
.
Thanksgiving at Nana and Papa's. Ellie loves helping in the kitchen!

Ready for the big feast!

One more Thanksgiving meal down...relaxing on the couch.

Henry fell asleep in Nana's lap...too much turkey!!


Love my Ellie!

Let the baking begin...

First batch of cookies into the oven.

Nana giving some baking tips.

The boys...playing monopoly, watching football, and reading the paper.

Cookie guns ready!!

Ellie dipping cookies in chocolate and sprinkles...yum yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment