Saturday, January 15, 2011

One year ago...

We sent in our adoption application, and began a journey built on faith in our amazing, almighty God! He has taught me so many things this past year. I can't even begin to put it all into words. One of the most important things he continues to show me is that I can't do anything on my own, but "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."(Phil.4:13) I will be honest and say there were times when I really just wanted to give up. I have been discouraged so many times, but the Lord would lift me up through his word, a precious friend, a message at church, and the list goes on...he has remained faithful to me and blessed me beyond anything I could ever imagine possible! If you are on a journey to adopt a child please know God will see you through every step of the way:) I am a different person than the one who began this process one year ago...I can't wait to see God continue to reveal himself to our family in 2011! We are so excited as each day passes...we are one step closer to bringing Betsy home. Pray for us and with us that all will go well in the coming weeks. God knows the day, hour, and minute  we will get our daughter...knowing that gives me a peace that passes all understanding.

1 comment:

  1. You are such and encourager yourself. I can't imagine how I could have made it through my adoption journey without your support. Betsy is a blessed little girl she is going to have a wonderful life with a precious godly mommy.

    ReplyDelete