Monday, January 24, 2011

Transitions...

This is a word that can bring excitement and fear all at the same time! On Friday, January 14th (my birthday btw:) we began the first phase. Ellie's room was our starting point. Todd is off on Fridays, so he had decided that this was the day to begin. Sam is moving into Ellie's room, Ellie and Betsy will be in Henry's room and Henry is moving in with Hugh(who has been sharing bunkbeds w/Sam)! Sound confusing? You can't even imagine!! Todd took me out to lunch for my birthday, then we came home and got busy. We moved everything in Ellie's room away from the walls, took all of her bedding off the bed, and put what we could on top of the bed. Now Todd was ready to prime walls! While he was painting I went to pick the kids up from school. When Ellie got in the car I told her what her daddy and I had been doing. I thought she would be excited. We had been talking about what we were going to do , but didn't tell her that the night before was her last night in her room. She is very tenderhearted. I felt so bad. I told her we would fix her bed back so she could have one last night in her room before it officially became Sam's. That's all she needed! It was so sweet. She put all her dolls in the bed with her that night, we took pictures, and all was well ;) The past week has been very busy. Todd got Sam and Ellie's new rooms painted. My parents were here Saturday and we got their furniture moved. In the meantime I have been cleaning out closets and getting clothes and toys in bins to donate and be taken to the attic! All while doing school projects and just the regular daily tasks that are part of having a family. We are still in need of alot of organization around here! My project for this week is to get everyones clothes into their new closets and drawers. We have shed a few tears during this transition time. Ellie has been in her room for seven years! When we moved into this house I was pregnant with Hugh. I have had a baby bed up in my house for over ten years! Todd took it down Saturday, and my baby is now in a big boy bed(his first night in there was Fiday night, and he was so excited:) Lots of changes...good ones,but still hard. I am so thankful for what this time of transition means. We are getting ready for a new family member!!! I couldn't be happier:)

No comments:

Post a Comment