Sunday, April 17, 2011

Betsy and Mama Time:)

It is Sunday morning and everyone is at church except for me and Betsy. I think she would be ok to go and maybe sit through part of the service with me ,but I feel like we need to be able to spend time together...just me and her. I also know this from all the reading I've done getting ready to bring her home. Although she is doing good, we have got to remember how fragile she still is and not do too much too soon. It is almost 11:00am and we have had a great morning! I was worried when everyone was leaving that she might want to go too, and would have a hard time. She loves to go go go!! Betsy also likes having her siblings around....so thankful for that:) When everyone left I got a cup of coffee and we went into the sunroom. I picked up the bible thinking...maybe I can read a little and she can sit in my lap. We had the most peaceful 30 minutes in that room. She sat down beside me and looked at a couple of books. Then she laid her head down in my lap and sucked her thumb for a few minutes...so sweet. While we were sitting there I thought of all the times I sat in that very room and prayed for her. Usually I would be there early in the morning for my quiet time. I would think about what time it was here and what time it would be in China. I remember thinking...I wonder what she's doing right now? Is she getting ready for bed? What did she have for dinner that night? How was her day? Did she get hurt? Who comforted her? Did she have fun playing with her friends? Who are her friends? The list of questions could go on and on. I looked at her sitting beside me and thought...I can't believe she is finally here. Now I can answer all of those questions! God is so good, awesome, powerful, amazing, wonderful, loving, precious, and the list goes on and on forever. I am truly thankful for this journey, this time in our lives, and this little girl he has lead us to bring into our family. Let me just say again...we have definately had some challenging days since we've been home, and I know there will be more. I also know that with God, even the most difficult days can be full of JOY!! Let me just share what I read this morning before I close. Psalm 50:23a says...giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. Sometimes it is hard to be thankful for the hard days, but in doing so we are honoring and giving glory to God. Whatever your day holds...give thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. Awww Meia! This brought tears to my eyes. How precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good...so happy you got this precious time with her:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET POST! Missed you at CBS yesterday but you are where you need to be!

    ReplyDelete