Sunday, April 3, 2011

Betsy's First Swim & Shopping!!

Let me start off by saying I am sorry for any typo's, run on sentences, or incorrect grammer! LOL:) I read over my post from yesterday, and could not believe the mistakes. When I am doing this Betsy is usually taking a nap. If I have any technical problems, which I have, sometimes she is awake and I'm typing as fast as I can! Yesterday Sam and Ellie wanted to go swimming. We knew Betsy had never been near a pool since she has lived in the "city of snow and ice" her entire life! When Sam and Ellie were putting on their bathing suits she didn't want to put hers on, so we just took it with us. When we got to the pool and she saw how much fun Sam and Ellie were having she wanted to get in the pool too! There was a smaller pool, so we went over to it.  She had the best time! After playing in the pool they decided to go play on the playground. They went back and forth from playground to pool. It was a fun afternoon:) Today we went shopping. We bought pearls, jade, and luggage. We also went into the cutest little store and bought lots of things made from silk. Everything was so cheap!! I followed the advice from a few friends and if I thought I wanted it I bought it:) When we got back to the room Todd took Sam and Ellie swimming and Betsy took a nap. Tonight we are going out to eat with all the families that are staying here. There is an Italian restaurant nearby, so we're going to try it out! Will let you know how it goes...that's all for now.











7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Meia! We would have thought we were dreaming to be in hotel like that while on our adotion journey!!! Count your blessings, sleep, pools, playgrounds. Betsy looks so happy. God is amazing. Praying. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that she got to go swimming! How fun! Love reading the updates! So happy for ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meia,
    The picture of Ellie and Betsy holding hands makes it look like she's been with you all forever! I know Ellie already is a big sister, but what a blessing she will be in Betsy's life! God is so good! And, to have 2 big brothers and Henry - I can't wait to see your posts when she is home and getting used to them, too. We are praying for ALL of you! LOVE the bathing suit -so fun! Enjoy this precious time and know that you are an inspiration to others and so many are following your journey of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing memories for your family and Betsy!! So thankful all is well. God is faithful! p.s. this may come up under Emma's name, don't know how to change it, this is jill:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize another face in that picture! Other than yours of course! That's Rebecca! She was our guide when we went to get Grace! Hug her and tell her we're coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Evans family! So glad to see the happy pictures of you guys. It brings back such great memories! Please tell Rebecca hello for us- we will be back too!
    Betsy looks like she is having such fun and just jumping right in to everything! I am glad you bought everything- we had to buy luggage too! :)
    Enjoy your time there! And don't worry about any typos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I am so glad things seem to be going so well. I can only hope it will for us too! Anyway, love the posts and all the pictures. it looks like she is going to fit right in. We miss you guys and can't wait to meet Betsy!

    ReplyDelete