Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home Sweet Home:)

It is so good to be home! Thanks for all of your prayers for good travel:) Betsy did great!! She slept almost nine hours of our twelve hour flight!! I still can't believe it. That long flight was the one I dreaded most coming home. I had a hard time with it , but not her. There's just no way to get really comfortable. Betsy is so small that she had no problem. Once she got her thumb in her mouth it was all over for her;) We couldn't wait to see Hugh and Henry when we arrived in Huntsville. When we got off the plane Betsy saw a bag of chips in a bag I was carrying and wanted them really bad. I told her to wait...just a minute(using hand motions). It was some Sun Chips that the stewardess had given us on our filght from LA to Memphis. They were a cheddar cheese flavor...very messy. I knew we were about to see friends and family who had come to greet us, and wanted her to look cute...not messy and smelling like cheese! Usually she will wait until I can give her what she wants, but she had a little melt down. Todd picked her up, gave her a small sucker, and she calmed down quickly. Ellie was so worried that she would be crying when we met everyone waiting to welcome us home. She was fine:) When we got to the escalator to go down to where our friends and family were waiting I saw Hugh and Henry's sweet smiling faces, and tears filled my eyes. I couldn't wait to put my hands on those boys! It was an awesome homecoming:) Everyone was waiting with signs, smiles, and even bouquet of flowers. We were so thankful to see everyone! Thanks to all who came to welcome us home. It is a moment I will never forget. There were several friends who couldn't make it for different reasons...ballgames, spring break, etc...thanks for your prayers. When our flight plans changed it made it impossible for some friends, who really wanted to be there, to make it. We appreciate your emails, comments, and can't wait for you to meet Betsy soon! Betsy did great her first night home. She slept in her bed all night! I think it helped that Ellie shares the room with her. She saw Ellie in her bed, got in hers, and went to sleep! Hopefully tonight will be the same...we'll see. On a side note...Henry has a stomach virus! He started vomiting last night after supper. He is better now:)  I will share pictures from our homecoming soon! Several friends had their cameras, so I will get pics from them. That's all for now!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome Home!!!! You guys have really been blessed with a wonderful sleeper. That makes 5 out of 5 good sleepers doesn't it? So glad you are home. No place like home in all of the world. I will continue to pray for adjustment to go smoothly. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! So glad that ya'll are home! Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are all home safely, but I know not half as glad as you are to be home safely!! Can't wait to meet Betsy.....and I second Stephanie- GREAT SLEEPER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking of you constantly...will try to call tomorrow...just didn't want to bother you too much just being home a few days. I pray Betsy continues to sleep well. Congrats on being a 'new' momma again (this time minus the diapers and midnight feedings!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it home with minimal trauma. Our little XiXi hasn't had any jetlag at all, but it was a rough re-entry for me! He's doing fantastic at home. It's SO much easier than it was in China!

    Thanks for the internet usage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELCOME HOME! I can't wait to see you and meet Betsy!

    ReplyDelete