Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Day That Never Ends!

We are finally in Beijing!! I thought we would never get here. I am so glad i can post too..hope this continues to work. We arrived at our hotel around 10:00pm on Thursday night. We were greeted at the airport by our guide, Nicholas. Everyone is in bed, but me(I need to be). We have had a very exhausting trip. We got up on Wednesday morning at 4:30am. We have been up for over 30 hours! If none of this makes any sense that's why!haha We are going sightseeing and have tours lined up tomorrow(Friday) with Nicholas. We had a delay with our flight today and thought we were going to miss our connecting flight from Seattle to Beijing, which was going to cause a HUGE mess, but thankfully we made it just in time! I think we had 10 min. to get to our gate!! They were literally waiting on us, and we were told this would never happen. If we were delayed we would miss the flight because international flights are not held up, or there is a fine once they arrive in China. Let me just say...tears of joy are flowing right now because of the sweet prayers sent up by friends and family. God got us where we needed to be at just the right time! Thanks to all who prayed us to Seattle:) Iam overcome with thanksgiving!My kids kept asking after we left Seattle...when is it ever going to get dark? It seems like we have been up a solid two days! I appreciate all your prayers,comments, and love! Maybe I can share pictures after our day out tomorrow! Good night:)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made it! Hope you get a good night's rest and enjoy your sightseeing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! so glad you made it there and look forward to the updates! praying for the whole family...all 7 of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! I hope ya'll have so much fun and your bodies & minds adapt to the time change!!!Things here are going well--your mom is doing great!! We miss you and can't wait to see your little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I responded to your email. Hoping I can post this comment! Have a LOT of fun...we loved Beijing. How's the weather? Still praying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you all! We can hardly wait to see her! Praying, praying, praying for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been praying for you ...... for all your flights and for the Lord to work every detail out for you all. Sleep well and have a great time in Beijing.....it's a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete