Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Girls' Beds

I posted earlier about the beds being on the way...well here they are :) We finally have this room put together. It has been so much fun preparing this room for Ellie and Betsy to share. Betsy's bed is the one on the right with the pink teddy bear sitting on it. The bear is one of the first things I bought her. I bought two of these bears actually. One to send in a care package, and the other to be waiting for her when she comes home. I thought that if she was attached to the bear we sent her, but didn't get to bring it when she leaves the orphanage, then she would have the very same bear at home. Ellie slept with the bear for a long time after I bought it saying when she hugged it, it was like she was hugging Betsy. She hoped for a long time that we might get some pictures of her with the bear, but so far none:( Now that we have their room ready Ellie placed the bear on Betsy's bed. She has also forbidden(in a very sweet way;) anyone from sleeping on Betsy's bed.  She dreams of the day her little sister will be sleeping in the bed next to her. She can't wait to play with her and read her stories! Ellie put Bitty Baby's bed at the foot of Betsy's bed. She hopes Betsy will enjoy playing with baby dolls. As I said earlier, it has been fun preparing this room. The day I was putting all the bedding on Betsy's bed the Lord whispered to my heart a treasure. He reminded me  that once I was an orphan too, but he redeemed me through his Son and adopted me into his heavenly family. He is preparing a place for me in heaven right now. As I spread my hands across her comforter I praised God in my heart for this precious child he is allowing us to adopt into our family here on earth. What a blessing it has been to prepare this room for my daughter. Thank you Lord for the home you have for me in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment